Posts Tagged ‘Soccerex’
Today the Soccerex European Forum opened in Manchester, and the first session was Sport: A Total Entertainment Industry.
John Skipper, Executive Vice President, ESPN is in confident mood arguing that the secret of sport is it’s unknown quantity- it’s the ultimate reality series on TV.
Brian Barwick, however warns that sport shouldn’t be complacent, as live celebrity shows like Dancing on Ice, are broadcast live and provide similar interest at less cost.
All agree that the future of sport is reliant on live attendance, but Philip Beard, of AEG Europe suggests that sports marketeers need to find innovative ways to get new audiences into the stadium eg: ground sharing, half time penalty shoot outs from schools or showcasing different different sports.
Which sports clubs do you think give you the best live experience? Do you get involved at the match? Online? or in front of the TV?
Let us have your views on the future of sports entertainment!
The Panel for this event comprised:
• Casey Wasserman, Chairman & CEO, Wasserman Media Group
• John Skipper, Executive Vice President, ESPN
• Brian Barwick, Barwick Media & Sport
• Philip Beard, Non-Executive Director, AEG Europe
• Jeff Mallett, Principal Owner of San Francisco Giants & Former President of Yahoo
• Kevin Roberts, Editorial Director, Soccerex Business (moderator)
For more information visit www.soccerex.com
Sent from my iPhone